Our classic hire cars have to be insured for Self Drive Hire and we have an online account with an insurance company so that we can arrange this for each hire.
It is important that all relevant information is entered onto the system and we require details for each driver -
Please read the information below and check that you can comply with the requirements
DRIVER ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS
- Only those persons named on the insurance policy are eligible to drive one of our Vehicles.
- All drivers must normally be aged between 25 and 75 years old and have held a full driving licence for more than 3 years at the start date of the Hire and have no more than six penalty points currently active
- You must advise us prior to the start of your hire, of any motoring offences or accidents incurred by
- There is a minimum age restriction on the Morgan of 30 years and 25yrs on all other cars
- The upper age limit is 75yrs
- There is a charge per day for a second person to be included as a nominated driver on the same policy
prices are shown on each classic hire car page
- When receiving the vehicle and accepting the Insurance cover you must confirm that the details are correct before signing the agreement.
- You must produce in respect of each nominated driver that person's original driving licence
(both the photo card and paper document in the case of two part licences must be provided by all drivers) plus one other form of personal identification showing that person's current home address. Overseas hirers must produce a passport for copying.
- You consent to a photograph being taken of yourself and/or the nominated driver beside the vehicle
for insurance and security reasons. This photograph will be kept on file until the car is returned and signed off hire.
- If our insurance policy is invalidated or an insurance claim is rejected because you failed to disclose
a relevant fact we will hold you solely responsible for any losses, damages or other economic effect
and you agree to indemnify us accordingly.
SECURITY and Insurance Excess
- Before the hire starts, we will require a card number from you as security for the vehicle and to cover
the insurance excess. Provided the vehicle is returned to us at the end of the hire in the same condition
as at start of the hire, excepting normal wear and tear and no other charges are payable, we will not take any charges from your card. The insurance excess varies by vehicle and driver, but is usually £500
- If the vehicle suffers any significant damage during the hire period, the whole of the insurance excess
will be charged to the card and any over payment will be reimbursed to you after the repair is completed. If requested by you, an independent professional estimate will be obtained for the costs of the repair
- If accident damage is caused to the vehicle by another party in a road traffic accident then the balance
of the excess will be returned to you to the extent that the other party or his motor insurer meets our costs of rectifying the damage to the vehicle
- The card may also be utilised by us to discharge any additional charges or surcharges - if incurred
Information required for insurance We need the information set out below for each person that is to be insured to drive the hire car.
- We prefer to set up the insurance cover prior to collection of the vehicle as this saves you time on the day and we ask that you provide the information below at least 1 week prior to the hire date wherever possible.
- If the hire is a surprise for the driver when they turn up we can set up the cover on the day and obtain
the information when they turn up.
- If the car is being delivered for your hire than we MUST have the insurance set up prior to leaving our base.
Driver information required for the insurers -
- Name and Date of Birth
- Address including post code and a contact phone number
- Occupation (main and secondary or part time)
If Retired please confirm any part time paid work
- If any medical conditions reportable to the DVLA or that may affect driving
- If any accidents or claims in the last 5 years -
Date, nature of incident, approximate cost of repairs/loss to self and 3'rd party
- If any convictions for motoring offences in the last 5 years -
Date, offence code (eg SP30) and number of points
If possible please send or Email to us a copy of the drivers licence (paper part) .
We must take a copy on the day if not.
For all drivers that do not hold a UK or EU licence, we also need to know the following -
- Country of licence issue -
- licence number -
- passport number -
- last date of entry into the UK -
- address where they are staying while in the UK -
if in doubt please call us on 00-44-1347-811908