. These terms and conditions form part of the contract agreed when hiring one of our vehicles
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- In order to fix a booking for a proposed vehicle and hire date we require you to pay us in full or pay a non-refundable deposit equal to 25% of the anticipated hire charge. The balance of the hire charge will become payable 30 days before the commencement of the hire period.
- Where you have paid in full and wish to cancel your booking up to 30 days before the commencement of the hire period we will offer you a voucher of equivalent value redeemable against vehicle hire from us for up to 12 months or refund 75% of the full hire charge. For cancellations in the last 30 days prior to your start date, a charge of 50% of the full hire cost will be made as it is unlikely that we can fill that date with another customer.
- We reserve the right to cancel a hire booking at or before the start time should the weather conditions in our sole opinion present a risk to your safety and or the safe keeping of the car. You may then choose to either rearrange the hire date or receive a full refund of monies paid to us.
- Should we have to cancel the hire for any other reason, we will give you as much notice as possible and will offer you the choice of a full refund of the amount paid by you, an alternative vehicle or upgraded vehicle or alternative hire dates.
- We may at our option extend the hire period at your request, subject to your payment of the agreed additional hire charges.
- Gift vouchers purchased from us, paid in full pending hire dates, do not qualify for refunds of any type.
DRIVER ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS
- Only those persons named on the insurance policy are eligible to drive one of our Vehicles. All drivers must normally be aged between 25 and 75 years old and have held a full driving licence for more than 3 years at the start date of the Hire and have no more than six penalty points in the last 5 years. You must advise us prior to the start of your hire, of any motoring offences or accidents incurred by the driver.
- Please also look at our Insurance Conditions page for more information
SECURITY and Insurance Excess
- Before the hire starts, we will require card details from you as security for the vehicle and to cover the insurance excess. Provided the vehicle is returned to us at the end of the hire in the same condition as at start of the hire, excepting normal wear and tear and no other charges are payable, we will not take any charges from your card.
The insurance excess varies by vehicle and driver and prices for each classic hire car are given on the car page
- The card may also be utilised by us to discharge any additional charges or surcharges - if incurred
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN your Hire
- Use of the chosen classic hire car for the period of time purchased
- Comprehensive motor insurance of the Vehicle for each nominated driver accepted by our insurers, subject to the terms of our insurance policy and subject to a security deposit to cover the policy excess.
- Use of the vehicle with unlimited mileage unless otherwise specified on your booking confirmation
- RAC Breakdown Cover against the possibility of a mechanical failure or breakdown of the Vehicle.
This does not allow the use of the RAC to change a wheel with a flat tyre or if you run out of fuel or forget how to operate something..
If you choose to call out the RAC for this, then a flat charge of £150 is payable
You undertake to ensure that during the hire period the vehicle will not be used:
- for onward hire or reward, or for driving tuition, racing, pace-making, rallying, competitive hill-climbing, speed-testing, off-road trials or any other such sporting competition, or for any illegal purpose, or when in an un-roadworthy condition.
- if overloaded with luggage, goods or an excessive number of passengers, or to tow or push any other vehicle or trailer, or in any other way that contravenes the Highway Code or relevant road traffic laws.
- for carrying pets or animals or any other item which because of its smell or condition may harm or damage the vehicle or make it unfit for hire as a high quality classic car. Smoking in the vehicle is not permitted.
- for any journey outside the United Kingdom.
- If you are in breach of any of the above restrictions on use, you will be liable for all additional costs and for rectifying any damage or expense on return of the vehicle and you agree to indemnify us accordingly.
YOUR agreement and responsibilities In consideration of our accepting your booking and your signature of the Insurance Proposal Form, you hereby agree:
- That we may verify through credit agencies, the DVLA or any other source the personal, driving and credit information provided by you for yourself and any nominated driver.
- Not to allow anyone other than those persons expressly authorised by our insurers to drive the vehicle. To ensure that neither you nor any nominated driver will drive the vehicle whilst unfit to drive, whether as a result of drugs or a medical condition, or having a blood alcohol concentration level above the limit prescribed by current UK road traffic legislation.
- To leave the vehicle with its locks and security devices set at any time when you are not physically with the vehicle and to secure the keys on your person at all times
- To protect the interests of ourselves and our insurers at all times, and to take care not to give access to the Vehicle in such a way as it may be endangered or stolen. Not to damage or behave recklessly in the vehicle, in such a way as to cause damage to the vehicle itself or personal injury to yourself, passengers or third parties;
- To pay all fines and court costs whether for parking, traffic or other legal violations which may be raised in respect of the period when the vehicle has been in your control, whether the same are raised against you, a nominated driver or the registered keeper of the vehicle. Should the registered keeper be pursued for payment of any such fines or costs we reserve the right to debit your card in order to discharge such payments;
- If the vehicle is stolen, to report the theft to us and to the police immediately and to obtain a crime reference number from the police.
- In the case of an accident involving the vehicle, to ensure that the names and addresses of all witnesses are collected on the spot, to complete and deliver to us an accident report form within 24 hours after the accident, to ensure that no admission of liability of the driver is made at the time of the accident, to deliver to us a copy of any writ or summons or other document relating to any proceedings arising out of such accident and to ensure that all necessary assistance is thereafter rendered to us and our insurers for the conduct of any proceedings or negotiations.
- To return the vehicle to us in the same condition as received by you, ordinary wear and tear excepted, at the due date and time specified in the Hire Agreement;.
- All keys, security locks, hampers, picnic equipment, maps, brochures, spare parts, tools or other equipment or materials supplied with the car remain the property of Reflections Classic Car Hire and should be returned at the end of the hire period. Failure to do so will result in a charge for replacement.
SURCHARGES You agree to pay to us or authorise us to collect through your pre-authorised card, both the agreed hire charges and any payments that fall due to us in the following circumstances (including VAT where relevant):
- Any surcharge imposed by our insurers by reference to the driving record or circumstances of yourself or a nominated driver, or any unusual hire details.
- The cost of fuel plus a surcharge of up to £50 if you do not return the Vehicle with a full tank of fuel. Unless previously agreed.
- If you refill the vehicle with the wrong fuel in breach of our instructions, all costs incurred by us in having the fuel system cleaned or of rectifying any resultant damage to the Vehicle.
- If the Vehicle is returned to us significantly later than agreed, a surcharge of up to 50 per cent of the daily hire charge. You should also note that if you are late returning the vehicle you may become uninsured and in that event will be solely responsible for any loss, damage or injury resulting from an accident taking place, for which you will be required to indemnify us in full.
- We will be under no liability to you or any third party for any loss of business, loss of profits or any other consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of (or inability to use) the vehicle under the Hire Agreement.
- You agree to indemnify us in respect of any loss, claim, liability, damage or expense incurred by us arising from your failure to observe any of these Terms and Conditions or of the Hire Agreement.
- You will be responsible for safe keeping of any property belonging to yourself, any nominated driver or passenger in the vehicle during the hire period, and we will not be responsible for theft or loss of any such property. Any property of yours that is left with us on our premises during your hire period will remain your responsibility and we will not be liable in any way, in the event of theft or loss.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection legislation for the time being you consent that we may hold and process by computer or otherwise any information provided by you to us to enable us to identify other products or services which may be relevant to you for statistical analysis.
- We reserve the right to decline any prospective client, driver or individual hire arrangement, whether by reason of driving record, accident history, creditworthiness or any other reason
- We reserve the right to change our specific vehicles at any time, but would contact and advise anyone with a pending hire that may be affected by such a change, prior to your hire date..
- Irrespective of where you are resident or where the initial booking was made, the Hire Agreement and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law. The Hire Agreement must be signed by you or your nominated driver at the point of delivery or collection of the Vehicle.
- No amendment to these terms or any other part of this Contract will be effective unless recorded in writing and signed by you and a director of Reflections Classic Car Hire .